Folklore and tradition come in a selection of photos of the strangest festivals on five continents.
1. Competition in the highlands of Scotland. Party games, dressed in a traditional Scottish kilt, will compete in the hammer throw, in the contest which is held in Glenfinnan. Traditional Scottish games consist of competitions, dances, food and drinks to relax from everyday work.
2. Beltane Fire Festival, Scotland. “the Celts” with bare torsos raise the torches during the Festival of Beltane fire near Carlton hill in Edinburgh. These annual festivities are a modern revival of the ancient Celtic celebration of the arrival of summer.
3. Holiday naked men. Hadaka Matsuri (literally, the feast of naked men) in Okayama, Japan, is a traditional festival which has been celebrated for 1200 years. Picture was taken in winter, the temperature is about 9 degrees. Men dive into the icy water, passing the rite of purification.
4. Vegetarian festival, Thailand. Believers temple at Bang Neow, participate in the parade of vegetarian festival on Phuket island in Thailand, stick a weapon in itself, in protest. Chinese immigrants gave rise to this Taoist ceremony in 1825, when people who believe in God, ate vegetarian food to be saved from the epidemic.
5. Holiday hens in Wayne, Nebraska. Continue reading
For more than 40 years of Hellenic festival turns to the themes of the Greek classics in the stunning performances on the stage of the ancient theatre of Epidaurus. Although most performances are in Greek, the viewing experience is absolutely not spoil.
What is remarkable
Visit Epidaurus should plan even if You are not a seasoned theatergoer because it’s one of the best preserved from ancient period sites in Greece. It is noteworthy that for a long time the Theatre was hidden from human eyes, and its discovery was almost accidental. In 1954, the structure was restored, and more than 40 years, the stage is being used for its intended purpose as 2500 years ago.
Usually in tourist guides, the Theatre occupies a Central place and is mentioned mostly because of its unique acoustics. I visited there twice and both times I never ceased to wonder at the engineering knowledge needed to possess in the IV century BC to detail to work out the sound issue. The theatre seats up to 14 000 spectators and has 55 rows for the audience, Continue reading
Of course, the birth of a child is a great holiday for the whole family. And this day is a holiday not only for someone who was born, but also for parents. It will mark the celebration and congratulations, gifts and good cheer throughout life.
Year-old child to congratulate on his birthday, perhaps, meaningless. He, at most, rejoice with your smiling face, but the words won’t sort and the meaning will not catch. But in two years the child’s mind is formed sufficiently to try to arrange a holiday for him. To Excel in anything hateful, grandiose, of course, not worth it. Children at this age are living emotions, so the main task is to create a good atmosphere. The atmosphere of love and attention to the baby, noisy company of his little friends and, of course, gifts.
Unfortunately, too often the birthday celebration young children parents are perceived rather as an occasion to organize a holiday for yourself. To sit with their friends at the table, seated beside a bored child and to drink to his health. If for you in the first place still a child, but not a reason to have fun yourself, you’ll have to make some effort Continue reading