Folklore and tradition come in a selection of photos of the strangest festivals on five continents.
1. Competition in the highlands of Scotland. Party games, dressed in a traditional Scottish kilt, will compete in the hammer throw, in the contest which is held in Glenfinnan. Traditional Scottish games consist of competitions, dances, food and drinks to relax from everyday work.
2. Beltane Fire Festival, Scotland. “the Celts” with bare torsos raise the torches during the Festival of Beltane fire near Carlton hill in Edinburgh. These annual festivities are a modern revival of the ancient Celtic celebration of the arrival of summer.
3. Holiday naked men. Hadaka Matsuri (literally, the feast of naked men) in Okayama, Japan, is a traditional festival which has been celebrated for 1200 years. Picture was taken in winter, the temperature is about 9 degrees. Men dive into the icy water, passing the rite of purification.
4. Vegetarian festival, Thailand. Believers temple at Bang Neow, participate in the parade of vegetarian festival on Phuket island in Thailand, stick a weapon in itself, in protest. Chinese immigrants gave rise to this Taoist ceremony in 1825, when people who believe in God, ate vegetarian food to be saved from the epidemic.
5. Holiday hens in Wayne, Nebraska. Continue reading
Of course, the birth of a child is a great holiday for the whole family. And this day is a holiday not only for someone who was born, but also for parents. It will mark the celebration and congratulations, gifts and good cheer throughout life.
Year-old child to congratulate on his birthday, perhaps, meaningless. He, at most, rejoice with your smiling face, but the words won’t sort and the meaning will not catch. But in two years the child’s mind is formed sufficiently to try to arrange a holiday for him. To Excel in anything hateful, grandiose, of course, not worth it. Children at this age are living emotions, so the main task is to create a good atmosphere. The atmosphere of love and attention to the baby, noisy company of his little friends and, of course, gifts.
Unfortunately, too often the birthday celebration young children parents are perceived rather as an occasion to organize a holiday for yourself. To sit with their friends at the table, seated beside a bored child and to drink to his health. If for you in the first place still a child, but not a reason to have fun yourself, you’ll have to make some effort Continue reading
Carnival in Rio — one of the craziest festivals in the world. He staggers a kaleidoscope of brilliant colors, crazy looseness and flexibility of Nude dancers, and the heart makes a beat in the rhythm of the passionate Samba.
The carnival is endless music, fantastic costumes, the joy of transformation, the release of adrenaline in the blood, getting rid of complexes. For Brazil is the law under which he lives, the whole country, and for Brazilians, is a way of life. The festivities of the carnival captures all of Brazil.
The carnival begins in the town of Olinda, where the parade is the oldest dance school “virgins”. This 250 men dressed in women’s dress. Their performance is 10 hours nonstop. And yet the main event of the carnival parade of Samba schools in Rio.
Rio de Janeiro was founded in 1502 by the Portuguese and named the “River of January”. Today Brazilians call their beloved city “cidade maravilhosa”, which means “magic city”. Believe me, they have a reason. During 4 centuries Rio was and remains the capital of beauty and tourism of South America and is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. There is a saying that, creating this city, the Lord outdid himself. And Christ, a huge Continue reading