I think all the winter holidays are already over? The fun and joy? It’s only the beginning! In fact ahead of February is the most festive month of the year. There can be not only of good fun and dance, but also delicious to eat. It is not surprising that on such a fabulous celebration attracts tourists from all over the world. Who doesn’t want to wear a mask or carnival costume and join this colorful occasion?!
Today we talk about the most colorful festivals in the coldest month of the year – about the carnivals . I think if you get a chance to spend your vacation in this period in the country of carnival, the impressions you leave with the warmest of winter days spent there. Do not deny yourself the pleasure of good fun before lent
To this carnival of Brazil is preparing for a year, and in the last week of February all just go crazy in anticipation of the holiday. Four days and four nights of the Brazilian summer – that carnival in Rio de Janeiro! He has already become a global event that attracts more than a million tourists.
Officially it opens the King of carnival, a fictional character – Momo (for four days the town is ruled Continue reading
Folklore and tradition come in a selection of photos of the strangest festivals on five continents.
1. Competition in the highlands of Scotland. Party games, dressed in a traditional Scottish kilt, will compete in the hammer throw, in the contest which is held in Glenfinnan. Traditional Scottish games consist of competitions, dances, food and drinks to relax from everyday work.
2. Beltane Fire Festival, Scotland. “the Celts” with bare torsos raise the torches during the Festival of Beltane fire near Carlton hill in Edinburgh. These annual festivities are a modern revival of the ancient Celtic celebration of the arrival of summer.
3. Holiday naked men. Hadaka Matsuri (literally, the feast of naked men) in Okayama, Japan, is a traditional festival which has been celebrated for 1200 years. Picture was taken in winter, the temperature is about 9 degrees. Men dive into the icy water, passing the rite of purification.
4. Vegetarian festival, Thailand. Believers temple at Bang Neow, participate in the parade of vegetarian festival on Phuket island in Thailand, stick a weapon in itself, in protest. Chinese immigrants gave rise to this Taoist ceremony in 1825, when people who believe in God, ate vegetarian food to be saved from the epidemic.
5. Holiday hens in Wayne, Nebraska. Continue reading
For more than 40 years of Hellenic festival turns to the themes of the Greek classics in the stunning performances on the stage of the ancient theatre of Epidaurus. Although most performances are in Greek, the viewing experience is absolutely not spoil.
What is remarkable
Visit Epidaurus should plan even if You are not a seasoned theatergoer because it’s one of the best preserved from ancient period sites in Greece. It is noteworthy that for a long time the Theatre was hidden from human eyes, and its discovery was almost accidental. In 1954, the structure was restored, and more than 40 years, the stage is being used for its intended purpose as 2500 years ago.
Usually in tourist guides, the Theatre occupies a Central place and is mentioned mostly because of its unique acoustics. I visited there twice and both times I never ceased to wonder at the engineering knowledge needed to possess in the IV century BC to detail to work out the sound issue. The theatre seats up to 14 000 spectators and has 55 rows for the audience, Continue reading